PUSHLiving Podcast 002 Interview with Bill Forrester, Inclusive Travel Expert
Listen to my podcast with PUSH Living's Deborah Davis on the future of Accessible Tourism and the significant role it will play in the tourism market over the next 20 years.
Bill is a thought leader on Inclusive travel and shares a new perspective on how this important and economically viable market of travelers with a disability can best be served. Whether you are a person who loves to travel or a travel provider, you will not want to miss this insight. Bill was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia. As a child, he was fortunate to travel to many parts of the world and to learn and appreciate cultures other than his own. That passion for learning and understanding has never left him. Bill spent most of his working life in the corporate field in both financial and operation roles. He specialized in corporate and cultural change. He left the corporate world and bought three retail travel agencies in Melbourne to pursue his love of travel. In 2007, after being approached by a Paralympic team to organize travel, he realized there was a need for a specialized agency, and he founded TravAbility.travel.Listen to the Podcast
TravAbility was founded in 2007 by Bill Forrester.
Our mission is to be agents of change; to inspire people who have never traveled before to do so, and to inspire others to do more. To encourage all cultures of the world to see disability as an integral part of life, and to provide the motivation and tools to the tourism industry to allow them to create accessible environments that enable inclusion in an economically sustainable way.
We offer a range of services to tourism operators and Destination Marketing Boards to enable them to take advantage of the growing Accessible Tourism market. Our core approach is program oriented focusing on the product and service needs of people with a disability an developing a culture of innovation to attract this highly profitable and rapidly growing market:
- Development of Access Statements
- Product, service and program development
- Development of 'Soft Infrastructure' policies and procedures
- Staff and Management Training
- Marketing Services and Toolkits
- Access information kits
- Industry Presentations and Conference Keynotes and Capacity Building Workshops
- Property Audits and Universal Design planning
- Self Audit Tools
- National/State/Regional Park Guides and Trail Maps
- Diversity and Inclusion Strategy development
- Disability Action Plans
- New Project planning and Development
- Stock Imagery through PhotoAbility
- Accommodation listings through TravAbility Properties
For more information on how you can make your business more attractive to the traveler with a disability contact Bill.