Ripples n Tonic Farm Stay is on 15 acres located close to Ventnor Beach. The property has six accessible accommodation options.
• Killara Cottage – a 2 bedroom cottage that sleeps up to and a maximum of 6 people.
• Plover Cottage – a 3 bedroom cottage that sleeps up to and a maximum of 9 people.
• Shearer’s Quarters – a two bedroom unit that sleeps up to and a maximum of 4 people
• Genista Cottage – a 2 bedroom cottage that sleeps up to and a maximum of 6 people.
• Hollydene Cottage – a 3 bedroom cottage that sleeps up to and a maximum of 9 people.
• Narrabeen Cottage – a 2 bedroom cottage that sleeps up to and a maximum of 6 people.
Each of the cottages has been purpose built with people with a disability in mind.
The kitchens all have roll-under workspaces. Appliances are all located at easy reach height from a seated position. Storage is all under the bench tops with roll-out shelves giving easy access. Power points are located within easy reach.
The bathrooms are full wetrooms. The showers have portable shower chairs, handrails and height adjustable and removable shower roses. Shower controls are a single lever mixer tap. Toilets have side handrails. The bedrooms can be configured to a guests needs. All beds have 300mm of clearance for portable hoists. Guests do not have to bring their own equipment as the property has a variety of shower chairs, commodes, hoists and height adjustable beds available as well as a variety of mobility devices and beach wheelchairs.
The property is on flat ground with a mixture of hard packed gravel and concrete paths. The camp kitchen is ramped. The playground contains a variety of equipment for children with a disability.
Ripples n Tonic is suitable for both people with a physical or cognitive disability. It is a quiet setting and guests are encourage to interact with the animals on the farm. There are daily feeding sessions with guest participation.